Providing Value and Affordability
What sets us apart is our teachers' proven success educating young men in both academics and values. We prepare them to succeed in college and beyond because they learn a way of life focused on leadership, service, and morality. Our test results—AP, ACT, and SAT—are some on the highest in the state and our students are offered admission into many competitive colleges & universities in the country.
2017-18 Tuition & Fees
Grade 6 – $17,500
Grades 7-8 – $21,100
Grades 9-12 – $21,850
Currently, tuition covers 80% of the cost of an STA education, and our Aquinas Annual Fund makes up the difference. All families and alumni are asked to make a gift to the Aquinas Annual Fund based upon ability. More than 40% of our students receive need-based financial aid and/or academic scholarships.
- New high school uniform, total expenses between $975 and $1150
The Mothers' Club provides a used uniform sale and store
- New middle school uniform, total expenses between $125 and $200
- Middle School students are provided a school-owned iPad for learning purposes. Learn more...
- High school students are asked to bring their own device (BYOD). Learn more...
- Taher lunch program - $995
- Yearbook - $40
- Athletics/Activities - range from $0 to $200+ depending on club We have a “Random Acts of Kindness” fund for students and parents who need assistance with required and optional fees; discounted used uniform items and free used uniform donations are also available.
Saint Thomas Academy and sister school Visitation provide bus transportation for some parts of the metro area. While transportation to school is primarily the responsibility of the family and student, the schools subsidize some of the cost of operating a bus route for the school year. Some bus routes have morning, after-school, and activity service, while others have only morning and activity service.
A $400 tuition deposit is due by March 3rd for returning and new students. If you are accepted at Saint Thomas Academy after March 3rd, the deposit is due within two weeks of the acceptance date.
- Ten equal payments, May through February.
- Four equal payments due July, September, November, and February.
- Twelve equal payments, May through April.
- One payment for total amount due in August.
A follow-up fee of $40 will be assessed if payment is past due.
Billing or Tuition Payment Questions?
Please contact Pam Kunkel at 651-683-1510, or email@example.com.
Looking for Ways to Help Fund Your Son's Education?
The Pioneer Foundation, Achieving Dreams, and AOCG/MMSA, organizations independent of Saint Thomas Academy, provide programs for volunteers seeking additional opportunities for tuition assistance grants. These programs, for both STA parents and students (16 years and older), and those enrolled at other schools, provide significant funds for families who wish to volunteer their time and talents. It’s easy to learn how your family can take advantage of these programs. See contact information below. You may also contact Pam Kunkel at 651-683-1510, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linda at 651-488-1222 or email@example.com
STA In Comparison
We offer a strong cost-value comparison to other local private schools, with lower tuition and more financial aid available per student.