Swimming & Diving Team
Head coach: John Barnes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Philosophy, Goals, Beliefs, and Expectations
The Mission Statement of the STA Swimming & Diving Program:
DO THINGS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
*Focus on TEAM goals, direction and outcomes.
Together WE WILL create an atmosphere where champions are inevitable.
*Set the GOOD example.
*Synergism - The WHOLE is greater then the sum of it's parts.
*Chemistry - EVERY ingredient is critical for ultimate TEAM success.
Saint Thomas Academy Swimming and Diving Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: John Barnes:
John has been STA Program Director since 1998 and has been coaching since 1985.
He is also an Athletic/Advancement Gift Officer at Saint Thomas Academy.
- ASCA level 5 Coach
- 24 High School All Americans
- High School Dual Meet record 123-3-1
- 15 State Championship Teams 14 at STA 1 at Minnetonka HS (The most State Swimming Championships in the History of Minnesota High School Swimming)
- 1996, 2014 and 2015 MN High School Coach of the Year.
- Swimming Highlights
- John was a 4-time high school All-American and a 12-time college All-American.
Associate Head Coach: Erick Westerback:
Erick has been with the program since 2005 and is STA class of 1982 and he was a member of the Cadet swimming and diving team during his years at the Academy. He is also the Head Tennis coach for both STA and Vis.
Assistant Coach: Melissa Kelly:
This is Melissa’s first year with the program and she is an English teacher at the Academy. Melissa is big into running and triathlons.
Congratulations on the season! First in True Team and Second in State.
1995, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002,
2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008,
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
The team maintains a private Shutterfly account to post photos. Please visit the Shutterfly Web site to view or add photos/videos. You will need to create a free account if you do not have one, and request permission from a captain's parent to have access.
Michael Murray Photography has a link to order individual or team photos online.
The procedure is this:
1. Go to http://www.michaelmurrayphotos.com
2. Click on the side tab named "Online Galleries"
3. Click on the "STA Events 2016-17" icon
4. Enter the Access Code "sta17" and click Submit.
5. Select the Swim Team gallery
Photos for view and purchase at Nields Photography
Have you seen the fantastic shots Chuck took?
Visit the conference website for schedules, scores, and directions for all levels of competition.
Director of Athletics and Activities
Assistant Director of Athletics and Activities