Cadet Community Forum Speakers Series
Join us for our next Forum on Tuesday, December 5 from 7:00 - 8:30 P.M. in the Cafeteria to hear from FCD Prevention Works, part of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, about marijuana and vaping.
Research shows parent involvement is a key component of effective prevention. Children whose parents talk to them about vaping and drugs are less likely to use them.
During the presentation, Deirdre Flynn will:
• Help you understand the essential role you play in keeping your kids drug-free
• Help you understand the importance of modeling healthy, appropriate attitudes and behaviors
• Provide the latest facts about addiction and the mental and physical effects of vaping and other drugs; clearing up misinformation
• Explain the risk factors
• Dispel myths and misconceptions about adolescent drug use
Answer common questions such as:
• What are the warning signs that my child may be vaping or abusing other drugs?
• What do I say about my own experiences with alcohol and other drugs when my child asks me?
• What are some ways to teach my child to resist the pressure to vape or use drugs?
• Please RSVP here by Friday, December 1.
The first speaker series was on October 30, 2017. Missy Perry and Jim Richardson from the Psychological Resource Group, presented to those in attendance on the topic of Anxiety.
Topics included: Defining Anxiety, Common Symptoms, Common Side Effects for Families-Parents, Strategies that Help, and When We Need More Help.