Mothers' Club Cadet Closet

The Mothers’ Club provides a used uniform donation and consignment service for Saint Thomas Academy families. The exchange of uniforms among cadets has been a longstanding tradition.

DONATION BENEFITS SAINT THOMAS ACADEMY

All uniform items are accepted for donation. Charitable donation receipts are available for tax purposes. Mothers' Club directs 100% of the sale price back to the Academy.

CONSIGNMENT

The following items are accepted for consignment in good, clean condition and should be able to pass Military Leadership Inspection::

  • Blouse Coats
    (belt must be included; missing belts may be purchased at the quartermaster store)
  • Black Jackets

When the item is sold, the consignor will receive 60% of the selling price. The remaining 40% will go to Mothers’ Club. Mothers' Club cannot guarantee the sale of consignment items. Items not sold after two years are a donation to Mothers’ Club.

DONATION

All other uniform items are accepted for donation only, including:

  • Gray Pants
  • Blue and White Shirts
    * Due to the transition of the blue uniform shirt, we cannot accept single-pocket shirt donations.
  • White Pants
  • Garrison Cap
  • Shoes
  • Non Officer Belts
  • Ties, Brass, Gloves, Lyre
  • Citations Cords, Cap Strap

Cadet Closet

For your convenience, the Cadet Closet is open once a month during the school year. The store is located in the school cafeteria. Contact Jennifer Rutgers (rutgersja@gmail.com) if you have questions about the used uniform store.

High School Uniform Information
The freshman class will begin our transition into a new, improved blue uniform shirt. Therefore, freshmen cannot wear the old style blue uniform shirt. The new blue shirt will be implemented over the next four years starting with the Class of 2021. The shirt has double breasted, buttoned pockets - identical to the current white shirt. Upperclassmen (sophomores-seniors) may still purchase the old style blue shirt—at the Quartermaster only—until stocks are depleted. All other uniform items remain the same.

Used uniform take-in dates
STA Cafeteria
June 12 & 19, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
July 24, 5:00-8:00 p.m.

  • Inventory in the Mothers' Club Cadet Closet is a bit low and in order to be successful at the summer sale and upcoming Cadet Closet openings they need your donations!
  • Don't forget to check your closets for black leather jackets and blouse coats (these are the consignment items). Other uniform items are tax-deductible donations to the Mothers’ Club.
  • Contact Doreen Feist (651-335-4882 / doreenkf@aol.com) or Sharon Goblisch (mtgoby@aol.com) if you have questions about the used uniform take-in.

Used uniform sale
STA Cafeteria

July 26, 6:00-8:30 p.m.

  • Families will be served on a first come, first serve basis and numbers will be handed out an hour prior to the sale. Each family is assisted individually at the sale so please anticipate a line.
  • Students must attend this sale, as garments may have been altered, so sizes vary and all the items need to be tried on before purchase.
  • Families will most likely not be able to find all uniform items at this sale, so plan to also attend the high school New Uniform Sale. Cash or check only, please. All sales are final.
  • Please note that the school changed the style of the blue uniform shirt and this item will only be available for purchase at the New Uniform Sale. Used white shirts may be available on July 26th.
  • Mothers' Club accepts cash or check only. All sales are final.
  • Contact Doreen Feist (651-335-4882 / doreenkf@aol.com) or Sharon Goblisch (mtgoby@aol.com)

Mothers' Club accepts cash or check only. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

Cadet Closet Store is open
Contact Jennifer Rutgers (rutgersja@gmail.com) if you have questions about the used uniform store.
Wednesday, August 23
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Wednesday, September 6
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Wednesday, October 4
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Wednesday, November 1
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Wednesday, December 6
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Wednesday, January 3
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Wednesday, February 7
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Wednesday, April 4
4:30-6:00 p.m.
STA Cafeteria

Mothers' Club accepts cash or check only. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.