Welcome, Class of 2021!
On behalf of the faculty, staff, and upperclassmen, we welcome you and your parents. You are on your way to being a member of the proud STA “brotherhood.” In four years you will join an alumni fraternity totaling 7,000 strong.
The best advice we can give you and your parents is to get involved, meet new people, try new experiences, and have fun.
We have collected information from a number of web pages to provide an easy resource for you to make your first year at Saint Thomas Academy a memorable experience.
Freshman Orientations: Friday, August 25
All freshmen are expected to attend this very important event!
- Students should enter through the Vincent J. Flynn Hall doors.
- During the morning, he will receive instruction on a myriad of military things (uniform wear, rank, brigade organization, leadership, merits) plus many other important topics. In addition, he will receive his first instruction in drill and ceremonies. Lastly, it is a great opportunity for him to ask questions and interact with senior leaders.
- Casual clothing is fine but he needs to wear closed-toe shoes (no flip flops) as they will practice marching.
- Student schedules will be mailed to families in the coming weeks. He should bring his schedule to orientation as it will include his locker number and combination, and his PowerSchool access information (for new students). (PowerSchool access information for new parents will be mailed separately from the schedule.) There will be time for locker set-up during the day.
- The afternoon consists of activities, games and opportunities to assist students in getting to know his classmates, and will conclude with dinner and a prayer service.
- If your son has any food allergies or special dietary needs, please let Dean of Students Erick Rome know via e-mail at email@example.com by August 18th.
- You should plan to pick up your son at school at 6:00 p.m. at Flynn Hall.
Please contact Dean of Students Mr. Erik Rome (651-683-1550), or Commandant LTC Mike DePuglio (651-683-1547), or School Counselor Mr. Justin Larson (651-683-1524) if you have any questions.
I still have to read my required summer books, what are they? Link to that page.
What do I need in my backpack on the first day of school? Link to that page.
There are so many different uniforms, what do they all mean? Link to that page.
I signed up for the Taher lunch program; what's on the menu? Link to that page.
I don’t know anybody in my class, how can I make friends?
The first time you will meet all your classmates is at the orientation and retreat before school begins so you will know many of them before the first day of school! You will meet others during your classes. Also, we have so many co-curricular athletics and activities at STA that you will easily meet new friends. Please visit our list of activities and athletics. Our students recommend getting involved in a fall sport or activity as a great way to get to know classmates!