Preparing for the Future
Our academic requirements focus on your son's intellectual, spiritual, and leadership development. Our graduation requirements include a Senior Speech and service projects.
Saint Thomas Academy graduation requirements include successful completion of a minimum of the following academic courses (grades 9-12).
- English - Four years
- Fine Arts - Half year (or equivalent)
- Health - Half year (or equivalent)
- Leadership - Four years (or each year at STA)
- Mathematics * - Three years
- Physical Education - Two years (9th & 10th grade)
- Science (Laboratory) * - Three years
- Social Studies - Three years
- Theology - Four years (or each year at STA)
- World Language * - Three years same language (or through third level)
* Most selective colleges expect four years or more of math, science and world language if available in high school.
In addition to the academic requirements, all graduating seniors must have completed 100 hours of community service and delivered a Senior Speech to the student body at Formation. Students must also demonstrate competency in the computer skills of word processing, database management, and spreadsheet operation throughout academic courses.