Our English teachers develop your son's reading, writing, and comprehension skills. Students are introduced to broad genres of literature and writing.
Mr. Douglass has taught at STA since 2009.
His contact information is 651-683-1555 x 1334 and email@example.com.
Department Chair Overview
The English program at Saint Thomas Academy provides students with the opportunity to develop increasing mastery of skills in reading, writing, speaking, focusing on student-centered approaches. Grade nine emphasizes language skills necessary for successful study at the Academy while courses in grades ten through twelve increasingly prepare students for successful study at the college level. The department believes that individuals who understand and can use language effectively will enjoy more fulfilling lives.
The English Department gives all students the tools to:
- Read with understanding and critical insight.
- Express ideas clearly in a variety of written forms.
- Develop skills necessary for effective oral communication.
- Analyze and evaluate the significance of ideas.
- Conduct and present scholarly research
- Hone critical thinking skills
If your teachers require you to submit your papers to this anti-plagiarism site, you will need this link.
Information about the optional Pagers Reading Program. Students can earn extra credit in English classes.