Health & Physical Education Department
Teenage boys need to stay active and healthy. In addition to activities to keep the boys moving, health classes offer instruction about nutrition and wellness.
Mr. McCarthy has taught at STA since 1998.
His contact information is 651-683-1570 and email@example.com.
Department Chair Overview
The philosophy of the health program is consistent with the philosophy of Saint Thomas Academy by assisting parents in the education of their children to:
- Instill in the students an appreciation for good health.
- Develop an understanding of current health issues.
- Develop an understanding of the normal and abnormal functioning of the body systems.
- Develop an awareness and understanding of social situations and relationships.
- Develop an understanding of the correlation between lifestyle and wellness.
The purpose of the P.E./Health department is to enhance both physical and social development for all students. By providing guidance and experiences that help young men make informed decisions about their personal health and the world in which they live, students are challenged to reach their full potential. The general objectives of the physical education department include instilling in the students:
- An appreciation and understanding of physical fitness.
- An appreciation and understanding of team sports.
- An appreciation and understanding of lifetime sports.
- An introduction to activities to which some students would not normally have exposure.
Physical Education grade is a Satisfactory (S) or Unsatisfactory (U); S/U grade is not included in GPA.