Media Technology Department
Our department is an integral part of the educational process at Saint Thomas Academy.
Saint Thomas Academy emphasizes face-to-face communication with a strong belief in collaborative group work in and out of the classroom. Technology at Saint Thomas Academy exists as a tool for four main purposes. Our vision of technology is four-fold: to facilitate learning, supporting all facets of the educational process by integrating technology effectively and meaningfully throughout the curriculum; to develop technological literacy in students and faculty, cultivating a robust foundation for future learning; to enhance both communication and community, school-wide and globally; and to promote the ethical use of information and technology in an increasingly technological world.
The rich and multi-faceted college preparatory experience at Saint Thomas Academy continues to provide students with 21st century skills such as collaboration, adaptability and critical thinking. With our comprehensive and well-planned use of technology throughout our curriculum, Cadets benefit from a carefully planned instructional model for different academic subjects that can enhance learning, inspire creativity and prepare our students for the future. Saint Thomas Academy students should be technologically savvy generalists who understand and can use technology to meet their research, analytical, presentation, and communication needs.
Director of Technology, at STA since 2015
Her contact information is 651-683-1573 and email@example.com.
Audio-Visual Specialist, at STA since 1984
His contact information is 651-683-1567 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library / Media Specialist at STA since 2015
Her contact information is 651-683-1564 and email@example.com.
The department's central purposes are to:
- Set the vision for the use of educational technology at the Academy;
- Support learning and instruction through the use of technology;
- Provide professional development and support on best practices of technology integration; and
- Provide information technology service and support to the community.
Student Focused Goals:
- Apply higher-level thinking and problem solving processes in organizing, analyzing, and interpreting information.
- By understanding the research process student will be able to discern the best materials to use depending on information needs.
- Demonstrate a wise use of media and technology as an essential skill for life and learning in the 21st century.
Faculty Focused Goals:
- Train and support faculty in their use of educational technology for instruction, including curriculum development, classroom management, and student/parent communication.
- Enrich the curriculum, support student centered learning, and enhance learner outcomes, by integrating educational technologies.
If your teachers require you to submit your papers to this anti-plagiarism site, you will need this link.