Mathematics at Saint Thomas Academy.
Department Chair Overview
The mathematics program at Saint Thomas Academy is designed to challenge students with an enriched curriculum and to make appropriate courses available to all students. It is our objective that the students:
- Become proficient at basic arithmetic and algebra skills.
- Develop the ability to solve both routine and non-routine problems using a variety of strategies.
- Become familiar with the use of mathematical tools, such as compasses, protractors, and calculators. Grade level refers to the year(s) students typically take the course. Students with varying math backgrounds may take a course during different years.
- Foundations of Mathematics - Grade Level: 6
- Pre-Algebra- Grade Level: 6-8
- Algebra I Linear - Grade Level: 8
- Algebra I Quadratic - Grade Level: 8
- Algebra I Honors - Grade Level: 7-8
- Geometry Honors - Grade Level: 8
Foundations of Mathematics - Grade Level: 6
Pre-Algebra- Grade Level: 6-8
Algebra I Linear - Grade Level: 8
Algebra I Quadratic - Grade Level: 8
Algebra I Honors - Grade Level: 7-8
Geometry Honors - Grade Level: 8
Middle School Mathematics Staff
STA Teacher since 2017
651-683-1555 x 1319 and