Science at Saint Thomas Academy
Our science program teaches fundamental scientific principles, theories, and mathematical relationships, along with scientific reasoning through inquiry-based laboratory investigations.
Department Chair Overview
The Middle School science program at Saint Thomas Academy is designed to develop the skills students will need for success in the high school science program. It is our intent that our students will:
Be able to intelligently react to the role of science and technology in their lives and be able to make valid decisions in this area.
Begin to value the potential they may possess as far as a career in science might be concerned.
Understand the methods of science to enable them to become more effective learners.
Be more sensitive to the global implications of our life-styles.
- Earth & Space Science - Grade Level: 6
- Life Science - Grade Level: 7
- Earth & Space Science - Grade Level: 8
- Elective-Introduction to 2D & 3D Design – Grade Level: 7-8, semester-based.
- Elective- Lego Design and Engineering - Grade Level: 6-8, semester-based