Mathematics at Saint Thomas Academy.
Our mathematics program is designed to challenge students with classes ranging from transitional math to AP Calculus.
Department Chair Overview
The mathematics program at Saint Thomas Academy is designed to challenge students with an enriched curriculum and to make appropriate courses available to all students. It is our objective that the students will:
- Become proficient at basic arithmetic, algebra, and analytical thinking skills.
- Develop the ability to solve both routine and non-routine problems using a variety of strategies.
- Become familiar with the use of mathematical tools, such as compasses, protractors, calculators, and mathematical computer software.
- Algebra I Quadratic- Grade Level 9
- Geometry- Grade Level 9-10
- Geometry Honors- Grade Level 9-10
- Algebra II - Grade 9-11
- Trigonometry and Statistics- Grade Level: 10-12
- Algebra II/Trigonometry- Grade Level 9-11
- Algebra II/Trigonometry Honors- Grade Level 9-11
- Precalculus- Grade Level 10-12
- Precalculus Honors- Grade Level 10-12
- Calculus I- Grade Level 11-12
- Calculus (AB) AP- Grade Level 11-12
- Calculus (BC) AP- Grade 12
- Computer Science AP- Grade Level 11-12
- Multivariable Calculus (Calculus III) - Grade 12
- Statistics AP- Grade Level 11-12
- Computer Science AP - Grade 11-12
- Introduction to Accounting - Grade 10-12
- Electives- Introduction to Python and Data Science- Grade Level 11-12
"My favorite class is math, because I am in a class with seniors. Having this relationship with older students is a great help for me, whether it is receiving advice or simply looking up to them as role models. It is a great class, because we learn a lot about math while still enjoying ourselves."