Science at Saint Thomas Academy
Our science program teaches fundamental scientific principles, theories, and mathematical relationships, along with scientific reasoning through inquiry-based laboratory investigations.
Department Chair Overview
The science program at Saint Thomas Academy prepares students for college science courses. We offer sequences for students who are interested in science or engineering programs in college and for those who may not intend to take advanced science courses in college. Students study fundamental scientific principles, theories, and mathematical relationships, and learn scientific reasoning across all grade levels through STEAM related applications and through inquiry-based laboratory investigations. In addition, it is our intent that students will:
- Understand the role of science and technology in their lives.
- Use scientific methods to analyze and solve problems.
- Make valid and ethical decisions about scientific issues.
- Become sensitive to the global implications of life-style choices.
- Evaluate their potential for careers in science.
- Biology- Grade Level 9-10
- Biology Honors- Grade Level 9-10
- Chemistry- Grade Level 10-11
- Chemistry Honors- Grade 10-11
- Biology AP/ P.A.C.C- Grade Level 11-12
- Environmental Science Grade 11-12
- Environmental Science AP- Grade Level 11-12
- Physics- Grade 11-12
- Physics Honors- Grade Level 11-12
- Elective- Anatomy & Physiology- Grade 11-12
- Anatomy & Physiology Honors – Grade 11-12
- Elective- Engineering Capstone- Grade 12