Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you are selecting a school for a young child or assisting an older one, choosing a school is a major family decision. Making the right choice will first involve understanding your son's needs and your family's values and expectations, then examining the distinct features of each school you are considering. Below are some of the questions we often hear while prospective parents and students are making their decision. We hope that if you have a specific question you will e-mail us, or call us at call 651.683.4570, or email us here.
- How many students attend Saint Thomas Academy?
- What is the student to faculty ratio?
- How many AP courses are offered at Saint Thomas Academy?
- How do I get to Saint Thomas Academy?
- How do Saint Thomas Academy students get to school?
- Can my family afford Saint Thomas Academy?
- What colleges and universities do Saint Thomas Academy graduates attend?
- How will Saint Thomas Academy help me after I graduate?
- Will I see any girls?
- Is Saint Thomas Academy for students with discipline problems?
- Will my son end up in the military?
We currently offer 13 Advanced Placement courses at Saint Thomas Academy: Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chinese (offered at Visitation), Computer Science, Macro & Micro Economics, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, Comparative Government & Politics, U.S. Government & Politics, Spanish (offered at Visitation), Statistics (offered at Visitation), United States History and World History.
Yes! We are committed to providing a high quality education to all qualified students who want to work hard for an education, regardless of income. You can learn more about our commitment to affordability here.
The colleges and universities most often selected by Saint Thomas Academy students include Boston University, Creighton University, Iowa State University, Saint John's University, University of Minnesota, University of Missouri, University of Notre Dame, University of St. Thomas and the University of Wisconsin. Click here to view the 2015-2018 Saint Thomas Academy college matriculation list.
The Saint Thomas Academy network is very strong. Upon graduation, a cadet moves on from a school of 600+ and enters an alumni network of 7,000+. The alumni association provides numerous opportunities for graduates to succeed in college and afterward. We have a LinkedIn network, Facebook pages, a formal internship program, and many other ways to support our alumni.