Making STA Affordable for Families
We want to help ensure that a Saint Thomas Academy education is accessible and affordable.
Many STA families qualify for financial assistance. In fact, STA need-based grants averaged $9,600 per student for this school year.
Saint Thomas Academy’s process for calculating grants differs from other private schools in the Twin Cities. STA awards a higher number of grants to middle-class families ($80,000 to $140,000 income level) than any other school. This process allows for a truly socio-economically diverse student body.
In addition, STA awards a number of academic scholarships annually.
What You Need to Know About Applying for Financial Assistance
- Applications are processed to determine the applicant's adjusted income. Adjusted income is: Current income less standard amounts allowed for living expenses, plus a percentage of assets.
- The adjusted income number indicates relative need and is the basis used for awarding grants. Gross income, family size, and amount of assets are the major factors influencing financial assistance.
- The financial assistance deadline is March 1, 2018 for the 2018-19 school year.
- The completed form, along with a copy of the applicant's tax return, is sent to TADS—a $34 processing fee made payable to TADS must be included.
- Late applicants may still file for financial assistance through the TADS Website.
- All applications are processed and returned to the school by the end of March.
- The financial grant amount is then communicated to each family by the middle of April.
- Families who do not submit a Financial Assistance Application by March 1, 2018, but who otherwise qualify for aid, may be placed on a waiting list depending on availability of funds.
Estimating Financial Assistance
Financial Assistance Questions?
Please contact Pam Kunkel, Director of Business Affairs, at 651-683-1510 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"My vision is to provide sufficient tuition assistance to make it possible for any qualified boy who needs financial aid to attend Saint Thomas Academy."
—Headmaster Matthew C. Mohs