An Academic & Co-Curricular Program
The VISTA Band program has grown in leaps and bounds over the past decade. Members regularly receive local and state awards. VISTA Band encompasses the musical talent from both STA and Visitation schools..
If you have any questions about our program, please contact Mr. John Bina, Director of Bands, at email@example.com.
OBJECTIVES OF THE BAND PROGRAM
- To teach music by its actual performance.
- To develop performance skills of the various wind and percussion instruments.
- To provide for the musical needs of the school and community.
- To develop discrimination between selections of music.
- To acquaint students with Music Theory/Music History and how history and music composition relate to students’ current life and musical experiences.
- To provide all students with the opportunity for worthy use of their time, a means for self-expression, and a healthy social experience while fostering leadership skills within each student.
- To develop the ability to function as a responsible member of a group, to enhance interaction, and develop Esprit de Corps.
Band Curriculum in Brief
BAND LETTERING POLICY
Complete Letter Policy.
President – Holly Balfour
President-Elect – Kate Horst
Communications – Mary Bartlett
Treasurer – Julie Gerend
Secretary – Molly Schoonover
Hospitality – Susan Finn and Mary Rose Turner
Banquet – Mary Fran Werner
Uniforms – Deb Link
Members At Large – Mike Wolff, Kerri Klemz, Nicole Peters
All Vista Band parents are invited and encouraged to attend meetings which are forums of discussion, planning, and camaraderie to enhance and support the VISTA Band, Director of Bands, and students’ experience.
The Saint Thomas Academy Jazz Ensemble includes traditional Jazz instruments: saxophones, trumpets, trombones and rhythm section (bass, guitar, piano, drum set). The course is open to students from both Saint Thomas Academy and Visitation. Students will learn to study, prepare and perform jazz music from a wide variety of genres and historical periods. VISTA Jazz performs at three formal concerts and other school and community events.