An Academic & Co-Curricular Program
The VISTA Band program has grown in leaps and bounds over the past decade. Members regularly receive local and state awards. VISTA Band encompasses the musical talent from both STA and Visitation schools..
If you have any questions about our program, please contact Mr. John Bina, Director of Bands, at email@example.com.
OBJECTIVES OF THE BAND PROGRAM
- To teach music by its actual performance.
- To develop performance skills of the various wind and percussion instruments.
- To provide for the musical needs of the school and community.
- To develop discrimination between selections of music.
- To acquaint students with Music Theory/Music History and how history and music composition relate to students’ current life and musical experiences.
- To provide all students with the opportunity for worthy use of their time, a means for self-expression, and a healthy social experience while fostering leadership skills within each student.
- To develop the ability to function as a responsible member of a group, to enhance interaction, and develop Esprit de Corps.
Band Curriculum in Brief
BAND LETTERING POLICY
Complete Letter Policy.
** Please do not let financial consideration prevent you or your student from participating. Please contact the Business Office to make confidential arrangements.
Visitation – Katie Owens-Director of Financial Grants –firstname.lastname@example.org – (651) 683-1742
Saint Thomas Academy – Pam Kunkel –Director of Business Affairs - email@example.com - (651) 683-1510
The Band Black stocking hats and blue baseball hats are available in the Cadet Maker bookstore for purchase.
Way to show your VISTA Band pride!