Head coach: Jason Sedlak, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutrition Guidelines for Athletes
All these points are covered in-depth in the file.
- Nutrition is your secret weapon
- Develop a habit of eating frequently - Learn HOW TO EAT
- Breakfast is for champions
- Learn how to time your nutrient intake
- Be smart about nutrition supplementation
- Have a plan to achieve success
- Be smart when dining out
- Stay hydrated
- Don't underestimate the importance of snacking
Smart Snacking for Athletes
A good nutrition plan for an athlete encompasses four meals PLUS two to three snacks per day to ensure proper fueling and energy levels are met. If you’re going more than three hours between meals, try to grab a small snack to maintain good energy levels. Eating frequently throughout the day is the best way to keep your metabolism in check as well as prevent muscle from being burned/lost. Try to eat one meal right before bed that is high in protein, but low in carbs and fat.
Visit the conference website for schedules, scores, and directions for all levels of competition.
Director of Athletics and Activities
Assistant Director of Athletics and Activities