Middle School Athletics
Co-curricular participation is important for our younger students. It is a great way for your son to make friends and learn new skills. Some teams, such as skiing, are combined middle school and high school.
Winter Athletics & Activities
Required paperwork: All student-athletes must have an Athletic Card (available on the first day of practice) and give the card to the coach on the first day of practice/try-out. No athlete will be allowed to practice/try-out until the card is given to the coach. Also, all students must have completed and turned in the MSHSL Eligibility Form.
Please note that the following sports require a baseline concussion test before the season: alpine ski, wrestling, and basketball.
- The club meets Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. in the Rongitsch Commons, upper level of the Middle School.
- Open to all students
- Students must change out of their uniform and into gym or athletic attire
- Students need to bring their own paddle
MIDDLE SCHOOL THEATER
- Winter Musical - "The Lion King Jr."
- Rehearsals begin after Christmas break
- Rehearsals are 3:30 - 5:00 p.m., Mon-Fri
- Performance dates are February 23-25
5 reasons to participate!
2. Make friends
3. Act out history
4. Awesome costumes
5. Learn teamwork
- No try outs - no experience required - techniques will be taught
- Only equipment needed is a pair of wrestling shoes
- Excellent cross-training for football
- For more information contact Mr. Nick McCarthy, email@example.com
- Visit Cadets.com/Wrestling
SWIMMING & DIVING
- Season begins on November 28, 3:30 p.m. in the pool
- No try outs, no cuts, everyone is welcome
- Practices are Mon - Fri. 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- For more information contact Mr. John Barnes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Cadets.com/Swim
- Students should come prepared to run outside. No ski experience is necessary.
- Everyone is welcome and the coaches will teach ski techniques.
- Practices are M-Th from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. and Fridays, from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- For more information contact Mr. Garry Loufek, email@example.com or Mrs. Anne McQuillan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Cadets.com/NordicSki
- For information on the season contact Mr. Tom Carlson, email@example.com
MIDDLE SCHOOL KNOWLEDGE BOWL
- Practices are 3:15-4:00 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays
- For more information contact Ms. Noelle Geyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Cadets.com/KnowledgeBowl
MIDDLE SCHOOL BASKETBALL
- 8th Grade A Team Coach is Mr. Tyler Maddaus - email@example.com
- 8th Grade B Team Coach is Matt Callahan- mattcall2894[at]gmail.com
- 7th Grade Team Coach is Zoraa Quoie- zoraa[at]topflightbasketballacademy.net
Visit the conference website for schedules, scores, and directions for all levels of competition.
Director of Athletics and Activities
Assistant Director of Athletics and Activities