Junior Gold Hockey Team
Saint Thomas Academy fully supports the Jr. Gold Hockey program and encourages the boys to participate.
November 23, 2016
Please join us in welcoming Coach Bill McCarthy (STA Health/PE Teacher) as the Jr. Gold 16 Head Coach. We are very excited to have Coach McCarthy join the team.
The Jr. Gold Hockey Apparel online store will be open from Wednesday, Nov. 23rd around 3:00 pm until Tuesday, Nov. 29th at 11:59 p.m. Here is the link to the online store: http://www.isaksenpromotions.com/cadets/
Here are the ice times (all at Saint Thomas Ice Arena) for this weekend:
Jr. Gold 16
Saturday, Nov. 26 - 6:40-8:10 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 27 – 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 29 – 8:00-9:30 p.m.
Jr. Gold B
Saturday, Nov. 26- 8:20- 9:50 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 27 – 5:20-6:20 p.m. (parent/player meeting after practice)
Our scheduling meeting for league games is on Monday, November 28th. We will have more calendar dates available after Monday.
November 21, 2016
STA hockey players interested in playing on a STA Jr Gold Hockey team, our ice times begin this Sunday, November 20th.
In order to skate you will need:
1. A parent signed Consent to Treat Form- http://www.sibleyareahockey.org/page/show/50599-forms
2. A USA Hockey Player Number
Step by Step Guide to Registering Online for USA Hockey
1. Go to http://www.usahockeyregistration.com/
2. Choose member type: Ice Player
3. You must be 18 years of age to process a registration…. Check the box that
acknowledges that YOU are 18 or older.
4. Select the correct season – 2016-2017. Follow the prompts…fill in all data correctly. Use names that are listed on your birth certificate...no nicknames. (while we are STA teams, we play under the Sibley Area Youth Hockey Association)
6. Process payment $50.00 – Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express (credit or debit card). A Visa gift card will also work.
7. Print your Confirmation page at this time. It will also be emailed to you immediately after the registration is completed.
Here is the UPATED schedule for both teams:
Due to more players than expected, we need to change the tryouts for the Junior Gold teams.
- Monday, from 8:00 to 9:30pm tryouts will be held for the Junior Gold B team.
- Tuesday, from 8:00 to 9:30pm tryouts will be held for the Junior Gold 16 team.
- Both tryouts will be at the Saint Thomas Ice Arena.
- Consent to treat form and USA Hockey numbers are required.
Team practices will start on Saturday, November 26th. League games will start in early December. Each team will have a total of 24 league (12 home and 12 away) games and 2 tournaments. The cost to play for the season is around $1,000 per player. (Access to the STA Kindness Funds are available by contacting Athletic Director, Mr. Bob Slater)
Jr Gold B (Seniors and Juniors) team questions may be directed to Steve Bulach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jr Gold 16 (Sophomore and Freshman) team questions may be directed to Steve Goldade at email@example.com.
- You have played at least one year of Bantam Hockey.
- You are a sophomore, junior or senior in high school.
If your son is interested in playing hockey, but has not played at the bantam level, Minnesota Hockey offers a competitive non-checking league. For more information please click on this link for information about the Rec League.
Junior Gold 16U Team Coaches:
Head Coach Bill McCarthy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach Robbie Jones
The Jr. Gold program is considered association hockey. STA Jr. Gold teams play under Sibley Area Youth Hockey Association (SAYHA) in District 8. If SAYHA is not your home association, you will need to get a one-time waiver from your home association to SAYHA. Please contact your association president to get a School Attendance Waiver, which requires signatures from your association president and district director, if you do not reside in MNH District 8.
Jr. Gold hockey is a competitive league. Teams will be on the ice 3-4 times per week, which includes practices and/or games. These teams play 24 league games, 1-2 tournaments, district play downs and possibly the state tournament. There is a potential for long distance travel as teams included in the league come as far south as Hastings and as far north as Sauk Rapids.
PLEASE NOTE: Jr. Gold hockey IS NOT on the ice daily. This will be a culture shock after 10 years of 6-7 days per week 6 months out of the year. If you are interested in a more rigorous schedule this is not the team for you.
We plan to form 2 teams: Jr Gold B and Jr. Gold 16U. We will attempt to have a spot for each skater but may need to make cuts based on the number of skaters registering. If you are trying out for the high school team and later decide to play Jr. Gold, please contact the JG Coordinator.
The Jr Gold hockey program runs on the volunteer efforts of the parents. Key positions that your team will need: team manager, clock, score sheet, penalty box and assistant coaches.
Tardiness, unexcused absence, academic performance and chemical use all affect practice and playing time. Please see the Saint Thomas Academy Student Handbook for specific information.