Nordic Skiing Team
Welcome to the 2017/18 Season
Nordic Skiing Goals
- Learn how to ski.
- Get in Shape.
- Enjoy being outside.
- Be part of a team and cheer on the varsity skiers.
- Get a taste for competitive skiing.
- Improve fitness.
- Improve ski technique.
- Enjoy the outdoors.
- Improve racing skills.
- Set goals for your season and your high school career.
- Work towards achieving goals.
- Continually improve fitness through hard training.
- Be a role model for younger skiers.
- All skiers are eligible for varsity letters provided they meet the criteria.
- A skier needs 5 points to earn a Varsity letter.
You can earn points in the following ways:
- Place in the top 10 or the top half (which ever is less) on the team in a race. [1 point]
- Attend 90% of all practices [1 point]
- Race for the team in the Conference Championship [2 points]
- All Conference Honorable mention [1 point]
- All Conference [2 points]
- Race for the team in Section 3 Championship [3 points]
- Race in State meet [5 points]
- In addition, skiers CANNOT letter if they do not attend at least 80% of all practices, this includes Saturdays and Christmas break practices.
Visit the conference website for schedules, scores, and directions for all levels of competition.
Director of Athletics and Activities
Assistant Director of Athletics and Activities