Our Middle School athletic programs allows for students in 6th through 8th grade to participate in, and enhance their skills in sports that they may be interested in continuing in High School.
All Middle School football players / parents must complete the online MSHSL paperwork and baseline IMPACT concussion testing with our athletic trainer, Melissa Haupt. In addition, all players must have a physical completed within the last three years on file with the school nurse. For more information, please see the Sports Medicine Page. If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact our Assistant Athletic Director, Julie Marks, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the Middle School football program or the upcoming season, please feel free to contact Head Coach, John Reagan by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 763-222-6217.
We will no longer have the grade 6-8 runners (with 2 exceptions) compete at any of the High School meets from this point forward. We will instead have the following MS schedule:
- Sept 20 - White Bear Lake Meet (at Lakewood Hils)
- Sept 25 - Stillwater Meet at Wash Co Farigrounds (already on schedule for 6th graders)
- Oct 4 - Oakland Meet at Lake Elmo Park Reserve
- Oct 11- Hasting Meet (already on schedule for 6th graders)
- Oct 15 - SEC/MEC Champ meet at Lakewood Hills
- Parents will drive to and from the meets.
CAA Middle School Soccer Playoff Brackets:
See this link for your teams schedule!
The 6-7 Middle School soccer team won their playoff game last night on October 23.
They will now play on:
Thursday 10/25 vs. St. Ambrose at SPA at 4:40 PM.
Things to know:
- Team practices will be held from 3:30 to 5:30 Monday-Friday after school.
- We will form an 8th grade team consisting of current 7th and 8th graders, and a 7th grade team consisting of current 6th and 7th graders. A typical season lasts 8-9 weeks and teams will play 12, or 13 games. The season will end with playoffs during late October.
Head Coach: Denny Withers
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is Denny's second year at Saint Thomas Academy as the Middle School Program's Head Soccer coach. He has coached soccer in Minnesota since the 1980's coaching his own children, and now grandchildren in the Minnesota Youth Soccer league, and into the High School levels. He has also coached traveling teams in Edina, Bloomington, and Eden Prairie, along with stops at local High Schools, Bloomington Jefferson and Eden Prairie.
He also holds a coaching licensure in Minnesota (D License), U.S. Soccer (C License), and has the NSCAA Goalkeeper Training Diploma Level "1". He values teaching soccer strategy, training information and brings valuable new ideas to the teams that he coaches at Saint Thomas Academy.