Our Middle School athletic programs allows for students in 6th through 8th grade to participate in, and enhance their skills in sports that they may be interested in continuing in High School.
- Cross Country
- Alpine Skiing
- Nordic Skiing
Middle School Baseball
Practices will start on Tuesday, April 6. We will be having a 6th grade team and a combo 7th and 8th grade team that will compete in the Catholic Athletic Association (CAA). This league is made up of other Catholic grade schools as well as other private schools in the Twin Cities.
6th Grade Team
Will practice on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00 pm at the Civic Center Field on Lexington and Hwy 62. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the team will practice during their Flex time.
Game schedules will come out in Mid April.
7th/8th Grade Team
Mondays and Wednesdays the team will practice during their Flex time.
Tuesdays and Thursday, the team will practice from 3:30-5:00 pm at Mendakota fields on Dodd Rd.
Game schedules will come out in Mid April.
Each player is responsible for their own white baseball pants, helmet and bat.
A jersey and hat will be provided.
There will be a small fee to participate, details to follow.
Coach Joel Loeken
Middle School Football Information
The middle school football program will be coached by Coach Hanousek and Coach Ritten with assistance from the Varsity football coaches and players. As we have done for the past two seasons, the middle school football program will also be open to other boys from the community.
Players must have a concussion test before participating in football practice. Contact John Kenney if your player does not have a concussion test. If your son is interested in playing this year, please contact John Kenney firstname.lastname@example.org to get him registered.
Middle School Hockey
Open to 7th and 8th graders
The Middle School Hockey team participates in the Catholic Athletic Association (CAA) league against other Catholic Schools. This is a fun league that plays one game a week on an outdoor rink.
Any questions, please contact John Kenney, email@example.com
Future skiers. You know you like being outside, why not join the nordic ski team!
We start practice Tuesday January 5, 2021
We might even have some equipment that you can borrow.
You can contact Mr. Westerback at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- High school eligibility: All 7th and 8th graders are eligible to tryout for our high school team. It is rare for us to pull up a middle schooler, but it does happen about once every two years. Please review the high school tryout information and register for high school tryouts through this link if you are interested. (NOTE: the sign-up requires an STA email address, so your sons will have to register themselves using their cadets.com email address)
- Homegrown MS League: For those students that opt for or are re-directed to the middle school team, the season will be operated through Homegrown lacrosse. This allows us to schedule a 10+ game season, as well as play a number of opponents we would not traditionally play. Although the schedule is not firm yet, the games will be on the weekends from April 18 - June 16.
- Age and Level: We will be playing in the U14 B Division. This allows all of the middle schoolers to play on the same team while ensuring our ability to be competitive with teams made up entirely of 7th and 8th graders.
- Busing: There will not be a bus for middle school games as all of the games are played on the weekends.
- Coaching Information: The middle school coach will be Ben Mansur '19. Ben was an All-State player for us in 2019. He has tremendous enthusiasm for the game and is a perfect fit for this age group. Ben does an excellent job of focusing on both improvement and fun. We are privileged to have him with us this year. Ben's 2021 lacrosse season at Wesleyan in Connecticut was canceled due to the virus.
- Daily Practice Schedule: Daily practice will begin on Thursday, April 8, 2020. Practices will take place Monday-Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. after school here at STA. If your son has a recurring scheduling conflict, please feel free to reach out.
- Team Fee: The fee to participate in middle school lacrosse will be $75. This covers a team jersey, helmet, officials, balls, and the Homegrown team fee.
- Equipment: The helmets we are able to provide are an older version of a Cascade R. If you are more comfortable with your son wearing another helmet, that is totally okay. Players will be responsible for providing their own stick, gloves, shoulder pads, and elbow pads. If the team fee is an issue, please reach out to me directly. There are means of providing assistance for those that need it.