- About the Program
- Transportation Contract
- Severe Weather Procedures
- School District Reimbursement
- ISD 197 Information
VISTA Transportation is a cooperative venture between Saint Thomas Academy and Visitation School offering reliable bus transportation to various parts of the metro area. We are committed to providing the best possible service at the most affordable cost. All routes offer a morning, after-school and activity bus.
• St Paul Home address pick up, predominately Highland area.
• Minneapolis Home address pick up, predominately South Minneapolis.
• Northeast/Woodbury Group pick up locations.
• Edina Group pick up locations. Edina, Eden Prairie, Bloomington
Bus Rider Fee
• $1600 per year for all routes. St Paul, Minneapolis, North/Woodbury and Edina.
• $800 each additional family rider fee
• The fee is per student and cannot be adjusted for part time usage.
• The bus fee reflects a portion subsidized by STA and Vis.
• After-school 3:20 (VIS) 3:25 (STA)
• Activity 5:40 (VIS) 5:45 (STA)
• Late Start Morning Buses run on regular schedule
• Early Dismissal Adjusted bus route times
• Final Exam Week Adjusted bus route times
MyStop Bus App
The MyStop App utilizes GPS data and gives parents information on where their son/daughter’s school bus is and what time it is expected to be at their stop.
Visit the Transportation Webpage for additional information.
Linzy Bannie, 651-683-1768 LBannie@vischool.org
Because so many of our families have students attending both schools, Visitation and Saint Thomas Academy will implement the same school closing or delay procedures. Unlike previous years, we will not necessarily follow the decision made by District 197 to close or delay school.
Should we choose to close or delay school, the decision will be communicated in the following ways:
- Twin Cities television and station websites (WCCO 4, KSTP 5, Fox 9 & KARE )
- Vis and STA websites, and school Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Emails to all parents and employees
- STA Alert Now phone message
We are aware that our students come from all over the metro area, so if road conditions in your area are difficult, we encourage families to use their own judgment regarding the commute to school.
Saint Thomas Academy and Visitation students live in over 45 different school districts within Minnesota and Wisconsin.
If your student does not attend a school within the district in which you reside, you may be entitled to transportation reimbursement. Every district handles this issue differently; some districts reimburse while others do not reimburse (i.e., Minneapolis). Some districts send the reimbursement to your home (i.e., Eagan), while other districts (i.e., Edina) send one check to STA and Visitation (a check is subsequently issued to the family in the fall). School district reimbursements for VISTA riders will be applied toward our transportation costs, as stated in the bus contract.
Both Saint Thomas Academy and Visitation are located in District 197, which includes Mendota Heights, West Saint Paul and parts of Eagan and Inver Grove Heights.
As this is an issue fundamentally between the school district and taxpayer, it is the parent/guardian's responsibility to contact his or her respective district in order to receive any potential district transportation reimbursement. Forms should be on your public school district website.
Please be aware that STA and Visitation provide each district with a “compulsory list” of students (in the fall) plus an “attendance sheet” (in the spring) for the number of days (the academic year is 175 days) that your student attended school for the year.