Welcome to the The Choose program at Saint Thomas Academy! This is a support/educational group for students seeking a High School experience that is free from drugs or alcohol.
Senior Choose Leaders for this 2018-19 school year are:
- Sean Cramer
- Max MacFarland
- Henry May
These student leaders will be assisting the Choose Coordinator all year to provide meaningful activities that encourage underclassmen to abstain from using drugs and alcohol.
- Some of these activities include:
- Working with Saint Thomas Academy Administration to plan, organize and facilitate Chemical Health Awareness week in mid-May, before Military Ball.
- Organize monthly meetings during flex period to discuss important issues and information about drug and alcohol abuse with students in lower grades.
- Work with Administration to invite guest speakers for school-wide assemblies.
- Mr. Seidel and Senior Choose leaders being available for one on one discussions with students that have questions about teen drug and alcohol use.
- Organizing prayerful activities to address the spiritual component of remaining drug and alcohol free.
- Providing information about AA and other recovery modalities.
- Providing information and support to students seeking help to address their own drug and alcohol use.
Students in grades 9-12 that are interested in being members of the Saint Thomas Academy Choose group should listen for announcements when the group is meeting, or see Mr. Seidel in his room in the Middle School, 050.