Welcome to the The Choose Program at Saint Thomas Academy! This is a support/educational group for students in grades 9-12 seeking a high school experience that is free from drugs, alcohol, tobacco and vaping.
Senior Choose Leaders for the 2020/2021 school year will be selected in September.
Senior Choose Leaders will be leading the group and working with Choose Coordinator (Mr. Seidel) all year to provide meaningful activities that encourage underclassmen to abstain from using drugs and alcohol. Applications will be passed on the first week of school.
- Some of the activities during a typical school year include:
- Organize monthly meetings during flex period to discuss important issues and information about drug and alcohol abuse with students in lower grades.
- Mr. Seidel and Senior Choose leaders being available for one on one discussions with students that have questions about teen drug and alcohol use.
- Providing information and support to students seeking help to address their own drug and alcohol use.
- Organizing prayerful activities to address the spiritual component of remaining drug and alcohol free.
- Providing information about AA and other recovery modalities.
- Working with Saint Thomas Academy Administration to plan, organize and facilitate Chemical Health Awareness week in early November.
- Working with Saint Thomas Academy Administration to plan, organize and facilitate Chemical Health information the week leading up to Military Ball in May.
Work with Administration to invite guest speakers for school-wide assemblies.
Coordinate Choose activities with Visitation administration and Visitation Choose leaders.
Students in grades 9-12 that are interested in being members of the Saint Thomas Academy Choose group should listen for announcements when the group is meeting in Wright Lecture Hall during Lunch/Flex, or see Mr. Seidel in his room in the Middle School, 050.