Keeping You Informed Is a Priority
That’s why we have the AlertSolutions Notification Service (through PowerSchool) which will allow us to send a telephone and e-mail message to you providing important information about school events or emergencies. We anticipate using AlertSolutions only to notify you of school delays, cancellations due to inclement weather, or emergencies. In the event of an emergency at school, you can have peace of mind knowing that you will be informed immediately by phone, e-mail, and if applicable, text.
Severe Weather Information
- Twin Cities television & station Web sites (WCCO 4, KSTP 5, Fox 9, KARE 11)
- STA and Vis Web sites, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts
- E-mails to all parents and employees
- STA-specific - AlertSolutions phone message, e-mail, and if applicable, text
- VIS-specific - Text message (Must register to receive text)
We are aware that our students come from all over the metro area, so if road conditions in your area are difficult, we encourage families to use their own judgment regarding the commute to school. If you make the decision to have your son stay home, please call the office at 651-683-1511 (high school) or 651-683-1520 (middle school) to report his absence.